Monday, January 14, 2008

Soon to be a Published Writer

Ok, I have news. Now don’t laugh too hard and spit coffee out your nose onto your monitor. Just take it in and nod and say to yourself, “I knew she could do it”. You see, I’ve had a couple of my jewelry pieces published in books, well, once for DIY and soon again supposedly for another book (news for that to come later) but my actual words are going to be published in a book! (Don’t laugh). I know you absolutely know I’m not a writer, but for some reason, someone thought my words were good enough to be put into a book. Well, only six words actually, but it’s all about six words. It’s called Not Quite What I Was Planning: And Other Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Obscure and Famous. So you see, my words along with some famous six-word memoir authors will be together in a book. How odd and fantastic is that! This is what they’re saying:
· "Will thrill minimalists and inspire maximalists." – Vanity Fair
· "If you have only 30 seconds, skim the pithiest of life stories." – Oprah Magazine
· "Will make you value the words you speak and write—no matter how few or many" – Penthouse
It will be released Feb. 5. You knew I had it in me, didn’t ya? Oh, and what is my six-word memoir you ask? You'll just have to buy the book to find out....

2 comments:

textile_fetish said...

You are everything I aspire to be Shari. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo, how interesting! Congrats!