Monday, January 28, 2008

Touched

My friend Chris Franchetti's jewelry making book, Teach Yourself Visually, came out and she sent me a copy. She put my name in the 'Acknowledgments'. I am so touched. That's a first for me.The story goes, we met on the DIY TV show "Jewelry Making" a few years ago. I knew she wanted to write a jewelry making book. A publishing company contacted me a while back wanting to know if I wanted to write a jewelry making book and since it wasn't really my thing, I gave them Chris's name and everything came together for her! Yay.

Buy her book! It's thorough and amazing and almost 300 pages. It covers many different jewelry making techniques with wonderfully clear photos. I can't wait to sit down and plow through it. I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two.

No comments: