Friday, February 13, 2009

Banana Date Drop Cookies

It was cold. It was raining. My daughter was bored. We baked. I had this recipe from a long time ago and found it today in my recipe stash. Super easy, healthy and quick to make. This recipe would be great to use for teaching little kids to mix things together and cook, but my 16 year old daughter had just as much fun. Her favorite part? Smashing the bananas using the potato masher. My favorite part? Watching her completely devour an entire plate full of these scrumptious cookies. (but of course she wouldn’t let me take a picture of her)

Banana-Date Drop Cookies
Makes 2-3 dozen

6 large smashed bananas
2/3 c. vegetable oil
4 cups oatmeal
2 cups dates (you could substitute raisins or cranberries)
A couple dashes of salt
½ cup of mini chocolate chips

Grease 2 cookie sheets
Mix ingredients all together in large bowl
Drop cookies by teaspoon or tablespoon onto cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. or until tops of cookies are slightly light brown.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

YUM! I'm totally going to try these!