Monday, July 11, 2011

Roasted Chick Peas

I've been addicted to Pinterest lately and run across pictures of food that I have to try. These roasted chick peas really appealed to me but even more so after I went to a local taco restaurant called Taco Asylum and they have these most wonderful roasted chick peas on one of my favorite tacos; the wild mushroom taco.
I wanted crunchy roasted chick peas so my recipe is adapted from this one  I mixed the canned ones in some olive oil, salt, balsamic vinegar and chervil to taste.  I roasted them at 450 for 15 min, then 400 for 10 min, and 300 for 15 more min. I'm no pro. I just didn't want them to burn but I wanted them crunchy. They are a great snack

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Chervil!
these look delicious. healthy too right? are chick peas gluten-free?